Once contact is made with Hehir Funeral Directors you can either call to our office or a funeral director can call to the house to make arrangements. We will guide you through every step of arranging the funeral and our priority is to make sure that you can arrange the funeral for your loved one in the way you want. We will do our best to accommodate any special requests. No two funerals are the same. Hehir Funeral Directors will provide a service for the deceased and the bereaved that is individual. We can help and guide you through the necessary arrangements, costs, burial grounds, cremations, headstones and more.
Funeral & Cremation Services
- Funeral/cremation arrangements according to the wishes of the deceased and the bereaved.
- Funeral/cremation cost estimations.
- Preparing documentation for cremation.
- Repatriation from anywhere in the world and to anywhere.
- Placing obituary notices in newspapers, all local media, local radio and www.rip.ie.
- Funeral home facilities with accommodating viewing times.
- Coordinating services with clergy, cemeteries & crematoria.
- Organising funeral/wake catering.
- Organising singers and musicians.
- Preparation, care and presentation of the deceased.
- Ordering flowers.
- Books of condolence
- Provide order of service/mass booklet.
- Hearse and limousines.
- Organising purchase, opening and closing of grave site.
- Audio facilities.
- Taking care of all the payments.
- Liaising with solicitors and public bodies.
One tradition that has endured the passage of time is giving flowers to express sympathy. Flowers create special memories by adding warmth and comfort to the service, thus making those memories beautiful and meaningful. We will assist you in selecting arrangements to suit your needs and to assure your family’s wishes are fulfilled.
We have a beautiful fleet of traditional black hearses. Our traditional hearses are smart yet modest, and we take great pride in making sure they’re maintained to the very highest standard.
Today more and more people are planning their own or helping a loved one plan their funeral in advance. This can take uncertainty out of the process of making funeral arrangements at the time of bereavement when a family is deeply distressed. Thinking about a funeral is never easy, but planning ahead can bring real peace of mind for you and your family. We will discuss your wishes and requirements and provide a solution to meet your needs either by a Pre-Arrangement or a Pre-Payment Plan.
The choice between burial and cremation is a very personal one and may be influenced by many factors, including family tradition, religion or the wishes of the person who has died. We can go through the issues involved with you and make all necessary arrangements for you.
Hehir Funeral Directors offer a complete repatriation service, whether it is from abroad to Ireland or vice versa. Our repatriation service includes:
- Collection and preparation, including embalming of remains.
- Ongoing contact with embassy and/or funeral director at destination.
- Collection of ALL paperwork and necessary documents for repatriation.
- Booking of flights to country of destination.
- Removal of remains to airport for flight.
- Wrapping of coffin in necessary bubble wrap and hession cloth for protection during flight.
- Supply of coroners out of state certificate and interim death certificate if necessary.
- Liasing with family for private viewing or funeral service prior to remains leaving state.
We will be able to guide you towards suitable choice of music.
Hehir Funeral Directors, Kilkenny, provide a full professional embalming service. Dignity, care and respect is shown at all times to the deceased from qualified staff who understand the importance of their work.